Auria is a traditional Dogri food that is served with Poori Chana or Chole Bhature in Jammu. In this post, I will tell you the authentic recipe of auria that you can easily make at your home.
I have been eating Auria since my childhood. As I was born in Jammu, I have tried Auria at almost every food joint. I learned the recipe of Auria from different chefs of Jammu and tried making them at my home. Finally, I got the perfect recipe that you will be able to make at your home.
To make Auria, first, crush mustard seeds and mix them with curd. Whisk curd and ferment for 6-7 hours. Then take a pan and heat oil. Add red chili powder, turmeric, and salt to the oil. At last, add the potatoes. Let them cool and auria is ready.
I hope you are already excited about the detailed recipe which is mentioned below. Now let’s see what are the ingredients required to make this recipe.
Ingredients for Auria
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds (Rai in Hindi)
- 1 cup or 250 g Curd (Dahi in Hindi)
- 1/2 Cup Boiled Potatoes ( Peel & Cut them)
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tbsp Mustard Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
These are all the ingredients that are required for making an authentic auria that is served in Jammu. All the ingredients are easily available in shops or they may be already available at your home.
How Much Time Will it Take to Make Auria?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|7 Hours||10 Minutes||7.1 Hours|
Only the fermentation of curd will take much of your time to make Auria. The rest process is under 10 minutes and your tasty Auria will be ready to serve. Now it’s time to see the steps for making Auria.
Steps to Make Auria
- Crush Mustard Seeds with the help of a pestle or grinder.
- Now mix crushed Mustard Seeds with Curd.
- Whisk the curd well.
- Keep the curd bowl under direct sun for the fermentation process for nearly 6-7 hours.
- Now add take a pan and put oil in it and let it heat.
- Now add red chili powder, turmeric, and salt to the oil. Mix well.
- Now add potatoes and mix them well with spices.
- Let the spicy potatoes cool.
- Add the spicy potatoes into the bowl of curd.
- Mix them well and tasty Auria is ready.
Garnish it with coriander leaves. Serve the Auria cold with Puri Chana or whatever you like.
Note 1: If you don’t have mustard seeds, you can also use mustard paste or seeds.
Note 2: For the best flavor, make sure you ferment the curs under sunlight only. But for any reason, if you can’t ferment under the sun then you can even ferment it overnight in your kitchen in a warm place.
How to Make Auria at Home | Video
If you are having doubt in making this recipe, watch the below video.
So what are you waiting for? Go and make this awesome recipe at your home. Don’t forget to tell us your valuable reviews in the comment section below.