If you’re searching for how you can make Kasrod pickle, then you’re in the right place. In this post, I will be sharing the recipe of Kasrod Pickle with you guys.
If you live in J&K, you must have eaten Kasrod pickle once in your lifetime. I am eating it from my childhood and I like it so much that I learned the recipe of this pickle from mom. Let’s see how you can make kasrod pickle at your home.
To make Kasrod Pickle, blanch Kasrod in boiling water and mix turmeric. Then cut it into small pieces and mix it with mustard oil and all the other spices. Transfer it into a glass jar and keep it in the sunlight until mustard seeds get fermented. Pickle is ready!
I hope you’re excited for the detailed recipe which is mentioned below. Let’s see what ingredients are required for making kasrod pickle.
Ingredients for Kasrod Pickle
- 250 g Kasrod (Fiddlehead Fern)
- 1.5 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Mustard Oil
- 1/2 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1.5 tsp Mustard Seeds Powder
All these ingredients are required to make a perfect Kasrod pickle at your home. You just need to buy kasrod from the local vegetable market and the rest ingredients maybe already available at your home. Now let’s see how much time will it take to make Kasrod Pickle.
How Much Time Will It Take to Make Kasrod Pickle?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 mins||10 mins||20 mins|
Well, it’s a very easy pickle recipe and won’t take more than 20 minutes to make. Now it’s time to see the steps to make Kasrod Pickle.
Steps To Make Kasrod Pickle
- First, take off the skin of kasrod and cut them into small pieces.
- Now boil water and add the turmeric into the water.
- Then blanch the kasrod in the boiling water.
- Wash the kasrod 4-5 times to remove the dirt properly.
- Let it dry and mix it with mustard oil and all the spices.
- Mix it well and store it in a tight glass jar.
- At last, keep it under sunlight so that mustard seeds get fermented.
- Your pickle is ready and eat it when your desired level of sourness is achieved.
Serve it with hot roti or whatever you like.
How To Make Kasrod Pickle At Home | Video
If you didn’t get any step or have any confusion, the below video will help you.
Now it’s your turn to make this pickle at your home. Please leave your valuable feedback in the comment section below.