When we usually hear about Kashmiri food, only non-vegetarian food comes to our mind, but did you know that there are a lot of mouth-watering vegetarian cuisines in Kashmiri culture and one of them is Lyodur Tschaman. Lyodur means yellow (turmeric) and Tschaman means cottage cheese. It is also called Kashmiri Gravy Paneer and this vegetarian cuisine is cooked almost daily in Kashmiri households. So let’s see the recipe of Lyodur Tschaman which you can easily make with a few ingredients.
Ingredients For Lyodur Tschaman
|Paneer (Cottage Cheese)||400 Grams|
|Turmeric Powder||1 Tsp|
|Dry Ginger Powder||1 Tsp|
|Fennel Powder||1 Tsp|
|Black Cumin Seeds||1/2 Tsp|
|White Cumin Seeds||1/2 Tsp|
|Oil For Frying|
How Much Time It Will Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||12 Minutes||17 Minutes|
Lyodur Tschaman Recipe
- Cube the paneer. Then heat oil and fry paneer till it is golden brown.
- Boil 2 cups of water in a pan and add all the spices except black cumin and save 2 green cardamons for later.
- Also, add the fried paneer cubes.
- Now cover and boil for 5 minutes.
- Then simmer for 20-25 minutes so that panner absorbs the spices.
- Also, keep a check on the consistency and add more water if required.
- Now add the milk and boil uncovered for nearly 3 minutes.
- Now add crushed black cumin, white cumin, and 2 green cardamoms to the mixture, cover and switch off the gas.
- Now Lyodur Tschaman is ready to serve with Roti or Rice.