If you’re looking for some tasty Kashmiri recipes, then make Modur Pulao at your home. This is really a tasty Kashmiri recipe that every Kashmiri loves. In this post, let’s see how you can make this tasty pulao at your home.
Born in J&K I have tried almost every dish of every culture. One of my most favorite is the Modur Pulao. I have eaten it like a thousand times and my cravings for it never ends. I have seen the recipe of Modur Pulao on Google and Youtube but sadly they were not authentic. So I decided to share the authentic recipe of this pulao.
Modur Pulao is a delicious and traditional sweet pulao Kashmiri recipe. The origins of the recipe can be traced back to the 15th century. It is prepared by using rice, nuts, ghee, saffron, spices, and many different combinations. When cooked, it leaves a very good fragrance.
So it’s time for seeing the detailed recipe with all the nutritional facts, health benefits and much more. So without wasting any time let’s see the ingredients of Modur Pulao.
Ingredients for Modur Pulao
- 1 cup Rice (Basmati)
- 3 Bay Leaves (Tez Patta)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 6 tbsp Ghee
- 6 Cloves
- 6 Green Cardamom
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1/4 tsp Saffron
- 1/4 tsp Whole Black Peppercorns
- 1 tbsp blanched Almond
- 1 tbsp Dates (Chopped)
- 1 tsp Cashew (Chopped)
- 1 tsp Raisins (Chopped)
- 3 cups Water
- 1 tsp Salt
These are all the ingredients that you will need to make an authentic Modur Pulao at your home. Now let’s see how much time it will take to cook this tasty pulao.
How Much Time Will It Take to Make Modur Pulao?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|14 mins||36 mins||50 mins|
This is a very quick Kashmiri recipe that you can easily make at your home. It won’t take much of your time and get’s ready in less than 30 minutes.
Steps to Make Modur Pulao
To Cook Rice
- First, wash and soak your rice for at least 30 mins.
- After 30 mins, drain the water and set it aside.
- Now add 2 cups of water to a small saucepan and bring it to boil.
- Add rice and cook for nearly 10 mins.
- Drain water from the rice.
- Make sure rice is cooked only 3/4.
To Make Pulao
- Melt ghee over medium heat in a non-stick Kadai.
- Lower the heat and add cloves, bay leaves, cinnamon stick, cardamom, and peppercorns.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add sugar, 1/2 cup of water, and make a thick syrup.
- Then add the rice into the syrup.
- At last add chopped dates, raisins, almonds, and cashews to the rice.
- Mix well and add saffron soaked in water.
- Cover the pan and cook for 25 minutes on a low flame.
Modur Pulao is ready!
Note 1: Stir the rice ocassionally to prevent them from burning.
Note 2: If you add uncooked rice, add the water acccordingly to cook rice properly.
Nutritional Facts of Modur Pulao
Modur Pulao is a very healthy recipe that contains a lot of nuts. It has a lot of calories (217), proteins (5 g), carbohydrates (20 g) and fats (12.1 g).
Benefits of Modur Pulao
- Modur Pulao is a good source of fat, fiber, and protein. It also has a lot of vitamins and minerals such as magnesium and vitamin E.
- Modur Pulao has a lot of anti oxidants.
- It also has a lot of good fats.
How to Make Modur Pulao at Home | Video
Well here is a step by step video tutorial so that you can understand the recipe even better.
Now it’s your turn to make this awesome recipe at your home. I am eagerly waiting for your reviews in the comment section below.